Like Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterRSSContact
My Account

Go To Search

General Election
November 7, 2017

Polls Open 7am - 8pm


> September 23             Absentee Ballots available

> October 10                  Last day to register to vote

> November 4 (2PM)    Last day to request AV Ballot by mail

> November 6 (4PM)    Last day to request AV Ballot(must vote in person)

For a complete list of dates and deadlines for this election please click here.

All Candidates
Candidates interested in running for City Council must submit a valid petition, to the city clerk's office by the filing deadline of 4:00pm on Tuesday, July 25.

Library Board Candidates interested in seeking office at the November 7 election, must file an Affidavit of Identity and a nominating petition. (A $100 non-refundable fee may be filed in lieu of a petition)

City of Fraser- City Council
Please note the filing deadline is July 25, 2017

The positions of three (3) City Council seats are open for the election. The incumbent seats being vacated are as follows:

• Michael Carnagie - Council (4 years)

• Matthew Hemelberg - Council (4 years)

• Michael Lesich - Council (4 years)

Folders have been compiled to familiarize prospective candidates with standard election procedures and can be obtained in the City Clerk's Office.
Individuals interested in seeking a seat on the Fraser City Council for the upcoming November 7, 2017 General Election may receive more information from the following links.

Candidate Memo
Important Information for Candidates
Candidate Filings and Financial Disclosure
Michigan Election Law

City of Fraser-Library Board
Petitions for Library Board must bear the signatures of "not less than forty (40) nor more than one hundred (100)"

Seats to be filled are as followed:
- Two (2) candidates elected for two (2) year terms
- Two (2) candidates elected for four (4) year terms
- Two (2) candidates elected for six (6) year terms

If you are interested in becoming a prospective candidate please visit the Fraser Public Library or the Fraser Clerk's Office for candidate packets.

Registering to Vote

In order to register to vote, applicants must 

  • Be a resident of Michigan for at least 30 days before you register
  • Be a US citizen
  • Be 18 on or before Election Day
  • Register 30 days before the election
  • Not be confined in jail after having been convicted and sentenced
   Voters may register by mail or in person at the Fraser Clerk's Office or by visiting any Secretary of State Office. First time voters who register by mail must vote in person for their first election. Voters who hand-deliver their applications, are 60 years of age or older, are disabled, or are eligible to vote under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, do not have to vote in person.

Are you registered?
Voter Registration

Absentee Voting

    Absentee applications are available in the City Clerk's Office. If you would like to be mailed an application, please contact the Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is open the Saturday before the election from 10:00am to 2:00pm for any questions, comments, concerns, or requests regarding the election. 

    Anyone who is over the age of 60, disabled, or eligible to vote under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, may request to be put on a permanent list to receive absentee applications and ballots. If you wish to vote absentee in an election, just simply sign the application and return it to the Clerk's Office. A ballot will be mailed as soon as it is available.

Absent Voter's Ballot Application

Military & Overseas Civilians 
    Military, military spouses or dependents, & overseas civilians; may submit a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) with the City Clerk's Office, via e-mail, fax, or postal mail.

Federal Voting Assistance Program

Election Inspectors

    The Clerk's Office is always accepting applications for election inspectors. Election inspectors are people who are paid to assist voters at the polls on Election Day. Registered voters interested in serving as election inspectors may pick up or print the application and turn it into the Clerk today!

Election Inspector Application

City of Fraser & State of Michigan Officials

Contact information for Officials of the City of Fraser as well as the State of Michigan can be found at the link below.

City & State Officials